Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quick Update

Well, its been a while since I posted but things have been hectic around here and still are. So, this is a quick update followed hopefully by uploading of a couple pictures. But never fear because NaBloPoMo is right around the corner so you will hear more than enough posts from me.

I've been busy getting the last of the stuff ready for our trip. A couple last-minute orders of warm clothing and travel toys and soon I will be getting everything packed up and ready.

I've also been trying to declutter and reorganize stuff. I know I won't get too much done right now, but I'm trying to get a bit done before my big December purge.

I've figuring out Hannukah gifts for the girls. I'm thinking baby gear for Batya, but I'm not sure about Chaya or Shira. I'm also trying to plan our chesed project. My two ideas are to collect food for the food pantry or to "adopt" a needy family. I know that at 2 years 8 months the girls won't fully understand it, but they are understanding the idea of giving tzedakah before we do certain things or when buying groceries so I definitely want to do something.

Knitting wise I've almost finished Batya's Joseph and I've got a nice swatch for Aba's Cambridge Jacket. I swatched Pearl Buck and it is okay so I'm going to give it a try on smaller needles to see if I prefer it.

Scrapbooking wise I've started taking a digital scrapbooking class and hope to start scrapbooking more.

Housing wise it looks like we will be here through the end on 2009. So a lot of those little things I've been holding off on around here thinking we would move soon will get done. (Can anyone say spackel?)

I think that is about it. I have some pictures of the girls' new haircuts but I need to hunt down the card reader. It was a bit of an unpleasant experience, but I'm getting over it and I've fixed Chaya's hair. Shira's looks better with some decent styling and I know it will grow back.

I guess this isn't too quick on an update, huh?