Monday, June 30, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Last Tuesday the girls and I went to Target (I know, I said I was over it, but we needed some very specific things that I knew we could get there.) and we picked up a tool kit. So I was able to do some things around the house that I've been wanting to do.



I was able to hang up my Mother's Day picture. (Don't my girls look so grown up?)




And I lowered the legs on the school desks that have been sitting outside since we moved in.


We didn't have the right size Allen wrench, but my new tool set has a lovely assortment and I found the right size. So I lowered the legs and then I realized that, while the table was the right height the girls couldn't sit there because of the shelf. It was pretty rusted out so I just took it off.



There are two tables and we have six chairs that fit perfectly. I put one table next to the stationary glass door and the other against the far wall. The one near the door gets plenty of shade and the girls love to eat there.

I'm hoping to arrange some art get-togethers and we can use both tables and all the chairs on the patio or even indoors on the drop cloth.