Monday, January 12, 2009

My Favorite Finds of 2008, Part 2

Part 2 of a 4-part series. Coming up are favorite blog finds and favorite educational resources. You can find Part 1 (products) here.

Part II: Websites

In 2008 I became a bit of a web 2.0 freak and tried out a lot of sites. I ended up sticking (primarily) with Twitter and Facebook. I can still be found wandering around Mothering and a couple other forums, but those are the main ones.

I can't believe it was only last year that I found Ravelry. If you knit, crochet, spin or dye yarn you need to be on Ravelry. I wish all my hobbies had a resource like this. Or maybe not. I might not get anything done that way.

Pretty much all of the Cnet podcasts have landed on my iTunes podcast list. If you are looking for something that is really helpful and not too "tech-y" then you need to check out The Real Deal.

Google Chrome
is slowly becoming my favorite browser. If only I could get an application like Twitterfox on it.

I've been bitten by the Flickr bug. I even purchased a Pro account.

Before buying anything online, I check Retail Me Not for a coupon. I've saved some serious money with them!

Etsy is so much better than most places if you like hand-made and vintage finds.