Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer of Fun

I am officially declaring this summer to be the "Summer of Fun".  Well, not really the summer, but rather Shavuot through Rosh haShanah. (May 28 to September 19) Summer starts June 21 and ends September 22 which is way too late for us to start.

Basically, I've created a list of  50 fun things to do over the summer for the girls and I with occassional outings with Aba. Some are full-fledged gotta plan for this trips. Some are crafts. Some are experiments to do at home. Some are are small trips that can be done on the fly. The things that I need to plan for are on my calendar. The rest I've written onto slips of paper and put into a shoe box that we've decorated. Those we will pick one each day and go for it. (I've selected 50 things so that we have erev Shabbat, Shabbat and one other day a week "off" plus a couple other days where we can revisit something or add a new fun thing to the list.)

The whole point of this is that I've started to get melancholy about my little babies growing up. They are using the potty, preparing their own lunches, getting themselves dressed, refusing to ride in the stroller and buckling their carseats. All those little things that I didn't realize I would miss so much.

So I've decided to take the bull by the horns and spend this summer really enjoying their toddlerness before they are too cool to hang with Ima.