Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We're Back!

Hello! Welcome back to my lovely little home on the internet. How does it look? There are still a few things I want to do, but I'm tired of sitting behind the computer and looking out the window at the girls playing in the yard. So it will wait.

Before we jump right on in, I'll give you a quick update on all of the trials and tribulations happening around here.

First, I've been on a three month gluten-free trial since July 29th. I had been having some odd health issues and nothing seemed to be helping much. So I was researching the more bothersome ones and kept coming across Celiac and gluten intolerance. So far, I can say that a major problem has all but disappeared. (Only one bout of wheezing all night long in two weeks where I had been having 3-4 a week.) Aba and I have agreed that if it turns out I have some sort of intolerance that we'll do a trial for the girls, too, but for now it is just me.

Second, it seems that Shiraleh has inherited Ima's allergies. She's been snuffling and sneezing for a few days but no signs of a cold. We're waiting a week so that we can be certain it isn't a cold before heading to the pediatrician's office. Until then, she's getting very good at saline sprays and blowing her nose.

Third, Batya has been complaining about her tummy after a day where she has a fair amount of dairy. We haven't been drinking raw milk for a while because it is hard getting to the food co-op and Whole Foods is ridiculously overpriced. She doesn't seem to complain about kefir or yogurt and has been off of cheese for a while. (She decided about a month ago that she didn't like it.) So it looks like I'll have to make a trip to get raw milk for her and see if that helps. For the time being, she seems to understand that she cannot have a large cup of milk.

Fourth, We've "come out" as homeschoolers. Before I would just shrug it off to avoid all of the questions, but now I just state it like a fact. We've only had a couple odd looks and comments. I have a few Montessori tools and most of our "school work" is Montessori, but I'm very laid back in general about it. There is a post about what we are doing coming up soon.

Fifth, I've started working as an Usborne Consultant. I'm really enjoying it and the books are fabulous. I actually learned about them when I bought an art book at the Getty Center. If you are looking for books want to host an e-party, please let me know.

Sixth, I've been working on my photography and my photo-editing skills. Hopefully the pictures here will continue to improve. Speaking of which, I have some girls acting cute outside. I better grab my camera and go!

Thank you for reading and please leave a comment letting me know how you like the new design!