Saturday, November 07, 2009

Holiday Shopping

Now is the time most of us start thinking about our holiday gift-giving. If books for children are on your list, please take a look at my Usborne Books site. They have some wonderful books (which is why I chose to sign up with them) including Conspiracy 365 which is a highly anticipated 'tween series.

My girls' current favorites are the picture book versions of The Secret Garden, Black Beauty and Alice in Wonderland (which, sadly, is out-of-print). The stories are retold to shorten them for the younger crowd and feature incredible illustrations. There are also the Art Books. I picked one of these up at The Getty Center and fell in love with Usborne Books.

I'll have to say that my only complaint about Usborne is the lack of any Jewish-themed books other than a book on the Shoah.