Monday, November 02, 2009

Sundog Yoke Sweater


I cast on my NaKniSweMo sweater today and got 1-1/2 inches done on the body. I changed my cast on and hem so I frogged 2 rows and then had an emergency needle repair to do so I feel a bit behind already. LOL

I'm doing a Seamless Yoke Sweater with Elizabeth Zimmermann's instructions and her EPS (Elizabeth's Percentage System). However, instead of doing a colorwork yoke I'm using some hand-dyed that I have in my stash and making a yoke ala Sundog by Kristi Schueler from Twist collective. The body is solid natural Blue-Faced Leicster yarn. I'd like the cuffs to be natural, too, but I'm worried about yardage. I'm working with yarns that I can't get more of. I have 16 ounces of the BFL, another 8 ounces of a similar BFL that I'm going to use in the yoke, 8 ounces of multi-colored hand-dyed and 4 ounces of brown hand-dyed for the yoke. It sounds like a lot, but they are all worsted/heavy worsted.