Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Making My List

On Ravelry there have been quite a few threads posted about making lists and planning for 2010. A couple of them really inspired me so I sat down and made a list of what I'd like to make in the coming year. From there I went through an matched up projects to yarns that I have on-hand and made a list of what yarns I would need to purchase. I've also joined a knit-along following Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac so I organized my queue into a rough order that I want to work in.

One of the inspiring threads turned into the group 10 in 2010. The idea is to pick 10 yarns that you want to work with and 10 patterns you want to make and doing those projects in 2010. You could end up with 20 projects, though, because the yarns don't have to match up with the pattern, though I tried to match them up as much as possible.

So, here is my list of knitting for 2010 (not in order):

  1. Elizabeth Zimmermann's Green Sweater
  2. Fishtrap Aran Hat
  3. Jane Austen Dress (for girls' birthday)
  4. Jane Austen Shrug (for girls' birthday)
  5. February Baby Sweater
  6. February Lady Sweater
  7. Maltese Fisherman's Hat
  8. Ganomy Hat
  9. Tri-Cornered Hat
  10. Mitered Mittens
  11. Mocassin Socks
  12. Pi Shawl
  13. Nets to hang fruit (An ornament from Knitter's Almanac, but I'm going to make them for sukkah decorations.)
  14. No Vest for Old Men
  15. Knitted Garter Stitch Blanket
  16. Child Surprise Jacket for girls' Hanukkah 2010 gift.
  17. A pair of socks for each of the girls and for Aba.
  18. Four pairs of socks for me.
  19. Ten dishcloths
  20. Fiona's Top (made to dress-length) for girls' Posh Hashanah gift.
Nice and ambitious, eh? Actually many of the patterns should be very quick and things like socks and dishcloths are great travel projects.

I was going to link all of the patterns, but they are all Ravelry links. So just go to my queue and click through there. Easier for me. ;)