Monday, March 22, 2010

A Wonderful Sunday

We had a beautiful Sunday yesterday! The Los Angeles Marathon ran outside our house so we woke to see the wheelchairs and handcrank racers coming through. The girls were surprised and amazed! They cheered from the kitchen window and front porch and after breakfast we walked tot he water station and cheered in person while ringing cowbells with the crowd.



After that we wandered over to the farmer's market and picked up a basket of the most fabulously delicious strawberries while my knives were sharpened. The girls picked out a bunch of sunflowers for the house. They have expressed a lot of interest in gardening and flowers so I need to plan a container garden for them.

At home Aba and the girls watched Snow White while I worked on changing the kitchen over. I made a couple attempts to drive out for take-out, but there were still too many runners and I couldn't cross the marathon route. We ended up walking to get burgers and when we came back we settled into the living room to play. The girls were busy using shoes as cars for their dolls while Aba read and I finished my latest stitching project.



Sandwiches with strawberries for dinner and another viewing of Princess and Frog before bed. Chaya was asleep as soon as she hit the pillow. Her sisters needed some snuggling with Aba before they were asleep.

One week to go...