Thursday, April 08, 2010

Big Lull

I've been feeling a bit stagnant in my hobbies lately and have been thinking about taking on something new. Celeste at 70s Home has been sharing hand carved lino stamps on Facebook and I've been listening to CraftSanity podcasts talking about sewing, weaving, designing fabrics, etc. I've also been busy and not doing much of anything creative lately which leads to this feeling of stagnation.

As I considered buying some linoleum or reading up on weaving it occurred to me that I don't really have the space or time to dedicate to experimenting with new hobbies. I also really like the ones I have. What I really need to do is spend some quality time with each of my hobbies and see where its leading. Right now I cook, bake, knit, take pictures, and do digital and paper scrapbooking. I also dabble in sewing, embroidery and dying yarn.

What I'd like to do is take the camera out once a week and then spend the evening editing the photos and making plans for some scrapbooking. Finish up Batya's birthday dress and then pick a fun new project and not feel pressured to work on one of my sweaters waiting for me. Start back on my "mastering a dish" program and work on recreating some delicious dishes.

So that's what I'm going to try. But first I need to finish Batya's birthday dress. Which I haven't even started yet.