Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hanukkah Gift Planning

I've been working on holiday lists for the girls. Which naturally gets me thinking a lot about what we need, what the girls would like, what I would like, what will get the most use, what will be the best value. The girls have also asked for some specific things.

Aba and I would like to ask any gift givers to please shy away from electronic things. We like them to have more open-ended toys that use more imagination power than battery power.

For clothing, They all wear about 2T. Target seems to run smaller and they need 3T in most things. Gymboree is a 2T bottom and an 18-24 month top. Children's Place runs small so they need 3T especially for bottoms. Shoes are a 7 or 8.

I'll add as I think of more.

Chaya
Hobby horse (You know, the horse head with stick body. We saw one at Ikea and she adored it.)

Shira
Black horse (Breyer type. This she asked for.)
Camera (She asked for this, too.)

Batya
Baby stuff (for a 16 or 18 inch doll. She has enough babies, but clothing, diapers, cradle, etc are needed.)

For all of them
Dress-up stuff (Lakeshore Learning has some dress-up masks that are animal faces.)
Sand and water table