Thursday, December 04, 2008

This Can't Continue

I am exhausted and the house is a mess. The girls won't all sleep at the same time so I get 3-4 hours of sleep a day. Then there is the normal upkeep that needs to be done. And the unpacking. And then there is some decluttering I want to do. But I have no one to help.

I've forgotten how difficult upkeep is on a home without help. Add in three curious toddlers and jet lag and I'm just beaten.

I'm even considering grabbing a big trash bag and throwing stuff out. We can always just buy it again if we need it, right? But that is just so wasteful and goes against my nature. And I'm not talking about tossing junk or trash. I'm talking about the stack of magazines and four books on the buffet, the seven Melamie plates I've put aside to donate and the 90% completed bulletin board on my desk.