Monday, February 23, 2009

Shopping from the Fridge

I've been bad and ignoring the blog lately. Instead of a long reintroductory post or an update I'm just jumping right back in.

I was catching up on my reader feeds when I came across a wonderful idea that I'm going to try this week!

Mimi at Israeli Kitchen is cooking from her refridgerator this week. I usually do this closer to Pesah, but this year I've been trying to be better about only buying necessities and cleaning out the freezers, cupboards and fridge. So I started tonight.

In honor of Rosh Chodesh Adar we are having kefte, rice, green salad and the rest of last Shabbat's challah with fruit for dessert.

The only exceptions are eggs, milk, fresh fruits and vegetables as needed and bread (though I'm hoping to actually bake some bread this week).

Chodesh tov!